If you are concerned about school or childcare, please read the following information:
- Schools opened on a full-time basis across Scotland on 11 August. Contingency plans are in place for a ‘blended learning’ model if there is a resurgence in COVID-19 before this date. This would involve a combination of classroom teaching combined with continued home-schooling.
- The childcare sector has now reopened across Scotland, and blended placements are now fully permitted. Further information is available at https://www.parentclub.scot/topics/coronavirus/startback.
- If you are concerned about what to do if your child displays symptoms of COVID-19, or when you should book a test, further information is available at https://www.gov.scot/publications/common-cold-and-covid-19-symptoms-advice-for-parents-and-carers/.
- Advice for parents and carers on managing the impact of COVID-19 on their child’s learning and family life is available at https://www.parentclub.scot/topics/health/coronavirus.
- Questions on schooling and childcare are best directed to your local council in the first instance. You can find their contact details at https://www.mygov.scot/find-your-local-council/.
- Parents are advised not to rely on those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category (such as grandparents or family members with underlying conditions) for childcare. You can check who is in the at-risk category here: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-social-distancing.